Links & Foundations
Heartland Media Foundation supporting the work of Michael Pritchard
Won't you be a Sponsor?
HeartLand Media Foundation and Michael Pritchard enthusiastically pursue active partnerships with the business community, foundations and non-profit organizations to provide positive youth guidance programs for the nation's youth.
*********** Breaking News**********
With the recent budget cuts, schools nationwide are having a very difficult time in getting Michael Pritchard and his programs to their schools. These programs are proven effective at improving school communities. Please help through these troubled times as 100% of your donation goes to Michael Pritchard's services.
There are a number of ways your corporation or organization can help.
• Underwriting production costs for these important projects.
• Donation of programs to low-income communities and schools.
• Providing travel expenses for Michael Pritchard to visit schools around the country.
Get Proof of the Results of Your Donation !
Contributions over, $7,000 – entitles your organization to a free appearance by Michael Pritchard who will entertain at your event and give a personal detail report of his sessions in the schools where your donation has sent him. Hear how your donation directly affected children in the community. Support Michael Pritchard and send him and his programs to a school district!
Proven to be affective!
The “See’s Candies” Corporation generously donated funds for the development of an educational videos SOS: Saving Our School from Hate and Violence
winning the attention of CNN and Time magazine.
Funding received 2 weeks after the Columbine incident, these videos address early warning signs of violence prevention. Countless school districts have used the videos and Michael Pritchard engaging sessions at school assemblies. The results are improved and safer schools and communities. Thank you See’s Candies!!!!
The Benefits of Sponsorship
The programs at HeartLand Media represents a rare opportunity to make a concrete and lasting contribution towards the solution of some of today's most pressing social problems, while at the same time enjoying the benefits of cost-effective promotion and positive public relations. The underwriting of these programs is the unusual and happy circumstance where social responsibility and self-interest converge. While we can never put a dollar value on something as precious as good will, your underwriting will be an effective use of funds, even by traditional advertising standards. Sponsorship can be structured as either a corporate donation or as an adjunct to your public relations, advertising, or promotion budget.
Benefits of sponsoring Heartland projects
• Your underwriting will help our youth make better choices.
• Our programs are not documentaries or exposes. They are tools used by
thousands ofprofessionals to change behavior.
• Extensive penetration. Your corporate underwriting credits will be seen
by tens of millions of teenagers, educators, and parents every year.
In the first six months of PeaceTalks' release, we have distributed over ten thousand programs, each of which will be seen by hundreds of viewers. We have made an excellent start at achieving our goal of having 200,000 copies of PeaceTalks in circulation with more than 100 million student-viewings in the next six years. In addition we have fed PeaceTalks via satellite to all 346 stations in PBS. Carriage by public television stations will extend the series' access to the majority of the nation's 24 million teenagers and their parents.
• Cost-effective promotion.
We work within very tight budgets here at HeartLand Media, so your underwriting dollar will go far. Underwriters will receive credits at the beginning and end of each of our programs, as well as appropriate credit on all our packaging and promotional materials. We follow the new relaxed standards for extended underwriting credits adopted by PBS, which allow product identification.
• Attractive teen demographics.
The demographics of our audience are very predictable and reflect today's public school population: teenagers between the ages of 12 and 18, mostly urban and suburban (though our programs are used in more rural districts as well), concentrated in the lower and middle income groups, and more largely minority than the population at large. These demographics will be very attractive to many corporations.
• Positive educational context.
Our programs are shown as part of organized educational presentations which has several benefits: it insures the rapt attention of its teen audience, something most advertising cannot do, and it places the sponsor in a very favorable educational context.
• The value of good will.
Our programs will be shown in classrooms and churches, in community centers and homes all over the country, for many years to come. For example, we estimate an effective life of ten years for PeaceTalks. It has already been recognized for its high standards of quality and effectiveness, for its contributions to reducing youth violence, and for bringing out the best in our young people. These intangible but very real benefits of our programs are shared by all who help make them possible.
• Corporate and employee pride.
Because of the good will generated by our programs they will become a source of pride for the sponsoring organization and its employees. Many opportunities exist to use them as the starting point for local employee community-service programs and volunteer activity.
• A formula that works.
Our programs build the history of Michael Pritchard's decades of work with our youth. Our programs join Michael Pritchard's inspirational humor with the compelling drama of real kids struggling to make good choices. This persuasive combination of comedy and peer education has been lauded by educators, media critics, youth advocates, and loved by kids.
• A highly professional production and distribution team.
With nearly a decade of experience producing and distributing youth guidance programming, we are experts in every aspect of this process. You can rest assured that your funding will be put to good use and we will achieve our goals of reducing youth violence.
It has been said many times that our youth are the future of our country. By working with HeartLand Media you will be helping ensure that this future is a bright one for both them and for us.
The Heartland Media Foundation in a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization and donations to its work are fully tax-deductible according to IRS guidelines.
A record for high quality performance:
Winner of 25 major national awards, including:
• Parent's Choice Gold Award
• Platinum Aurora Award: Best of Show
• Creative Excellence Award - US International Film and Video Festival
• First Place, The Columbus International Film and Video Festival
• Parent's Guide Award
• Winner, Telly Awards
• Silver and Bronze Remis, WorldFest Houston
• Runner Up, National Council of Family Relations Media Awards
• Certificate of Merit - Intercom, Cinema/Chicago
• Bronze Omni Award
• Finalist, New York Festivals
• Awards Portfolio 2004 Winner, What's New Magazine
• Finalist, Distinguished Achievement Awards, AEP
Saving Our Schools From Hate and Violence
• Gold Aurora Award
• Gold Award, National Health Information Awards
• Silver WorldMedal Award, The New York Festivals
• Silver Honor Parents' Choice Award from the Parents' Choice Foundation
• Runner Up, National Council on Family Relations
• Silver WorldFest Award from the Houston International Film Festival
• Silver CINDY Award from the Cindy Competition
• Award of Excellence, The Joey Awards
• Honorable Mention, Columbus International Film and Video Festival
• Finalist, American Medical Association Freddie Awards
• CINE Golden Eagle
• from The CINE Film and Video Competition
• Golden Camera Award
• from the US International Film and Video Festival
• Gold Award
• from WorldFest: The Houston International Film Festival
• Gold Joey Award
• from the San Jose Film and Video Competition
• Parents' Choice Gold Award
• from the Parents' Choice Foundation
• Teachers' Choice Award
• from Learning Magazine
• Silver Plaque
• from INTERCOM in Chicago
• Silver and Bronze CINDY's
• from the Cindy Competition
• Bronze Apple
• from the National Educational Media Network
• Two Bronze Plaques from the Columbus International Film & Video Festival
• in The New York Festivals
• in the AMA International Health and Medical Film Competition
• Honorable Mention
• from the National Council on Family Relations
• Awards Portfolio Winner
• from What's New in Home Economics